Follow this checklist to help ensure a smooth billing process.
Before your appointment
- Contact your insurance company to make sure you understand your benefits and your plan’s requirements.
- Obtain a doctor’s referral if required by your insurance company.
- If you are a new patient to Integrated Therapy Specialists, or have had a change in your insurance coverage since your last visit, please contact the Billing Department at (563) 288-6787
- Bring your driver’s license OR another valid picture ID.
- Bring your health insurance card.
- Bring a list of current medications as well as a list of surgeries.
- If you are a returning patient, let us know if your personal or insurance information has changed since your last visit.
- When you check in, please let us know if your visit is related to a motor vehicle accident or work-related accident, as this may change the responsible party information needed in order to bill appropriately.
- Be prepared to make a payment at the time of service. This could your co-payment, co-insurance or deductible payment.
After your visit
- Respond promptly to any requests from your insurance provider to ensure timely resolution of your charges.
- If you have an account balance due on a bill, please make timely payment.
- Call us if you have any questions or concerns about a bill or to make arrangements if you cannot pay your balance in full.